Who should pay for the running costs of running the school? Featured
10 May 2020

Who should pay for the running costs of running the school?

If you build a school in the Congo and register it with the Ministry of Education, as in our case with the 'Agro-Veterinary School ITAV ADH Mabala', this does not automatically mean that the teachers are paid by the state. Since the beginning of 2020, the new government in Congo officially offers more free primary school education. If, on the other hand, a new secondary school is opened, such as our school in Mabala, this means that the parents must first pay school fees. But if you want to offer free education, as we are striving for with good reason, then you have to find another way to finance the teachers' salaries. At first our partner organisation BBK paid the teachers, but was then no longer able to do so. Since April 2019 ADH has taken over this bill, which means an enormous pressure for us. Although the agricultural project attached to the school already contributes to the maintenance of the school, it is far from being able to cover all costs. Therefore, we hope and do our best that the state will soon pay its own teachers, since this is a state school. The lockdown due to the COVID 19 pandemic makes the question of funding all the more urgent.

 Changing one life, one child, one village at a time makes a difference in this world.

Our school is growing – we now have 150 students

Contact us

Do you have any questions or comments for us? Contact us directly! We appreciate your message and will try to answer you as soon as possible.

Contact us

I want to help

You want to know how you can help us to help in Congo? Get to know more about how you can support us.

Help ADH


If you want to subscribe to our newsletter, please send us a message.